Bardic Magic PHB == Players Handbook Cantrip Besetting Dance Blade Ward (PHB) Discordant Ethereal Instrument It
When someone with Epic, Legendary or Paragon skill levels creates an item, it has a percent chance equal their skill ranks (modifiers count) to become an item of similar quality.
Items of this nature that are crafted create a visible light of glory that shoot to the heavens, no matter where crafted.
- Epic items create a shaft of deep violet that lasts for a hour. Anyone within 20 ft of the object's creation who was able to witness its crafting, makes an immediate wisdom (insight) check versus DC 20. If successful, the skill used to create the item immediately increases (if you already have proficiency) by 1-2 points from observing the process.
- Legendary creations form a shaft of gold light that lasts a full day. Anyone (through any medium, present or distant) that was able to view the creation of the item, can make a wisdom (insight) check versus DC 15. If successful, the skill used to create the item immediately increases (if you already have proficiency) by 1-2 points from observing the process.
- Paragon creations are acknowledged by the heavens, creating storm, light, and earthly tremors for miles around it.
- Those who see its creaton are affected automatically with the skill increase.
- It has a separate chance equal to the skill rank to change into a manufactured treasure. At skill rank or less, it becomes an earth treasure. If you roll under half your skill ranks, it becomes a heavenly treasure. If you roll 5% or under then its a heaven & earth treasure.
Creations of this nature cause a pilgrimage by people to the area to see the creation, even if not formally set up.
Cities, villages, or sects will throw a festival to honor the event.